The Center of Data Intensive Systems (Daisy) at Aalborg University is a leading European research center in database technologies. Daisy is looking for an experienced developer to build a prototype of a promising indexing technology. The position is based in Aalborg Denmark, is fulltime, and has to be filled from the 1st of October till the 31st of January.
You will be part of a small team working on developing an in-house technology and bringing it to industry. You will be responsible of the implementation of a specification within different DBMS. You will be working in an exciting environment, in close relationship with database researchers.
The initial employment is with Aalborg University for the proof-of-concept period (until February 2011). It is expected that a spin-out company will be established during 2010, and that the employment can be transferred to the spin-out company at the end of the proof-of-concept period. Therefore, candidates with an entrepreneurial mind are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Development of a portable module for the technology
- Integration of the module in different database systems
- Benchmark of the technology
- University degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong programming skills in C / C++
- Experience developing modules for DBMS (Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, …)
- Experience setting up database benchmarks (TPC, DBT)
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux environments
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup
- Pro-active, keen on taking initiatives
- Fluent in English
- Competitive salary, plus pensions contributions
- Play an important role in PLWAH, make a real difference, be part of the next big thing
- With more than 20 members, Daisy provides a very active work environment that is well integrated into the global database research community
- Aalborg is the center of a beautiful region of Denmark, with nice beaches, unique nature, and clean air
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com.